AmigaActive (2035/2143)

From:Neil Bothwick
Date:31 May 2000 at 11:01:36
Subject:Re: MP3 encoding on 040/25

Tudor Davies said,

> 1/ Which issue had the MP3 encoders review in it? Was it even AA?

Issue 5.

> 2/ How slow is the 040/25 when it comes to encoding? I

An 040/25 can't even decode reliably at full quality. LAME encoded at
1/7th speed in the test I ran on an 060/50. I'd gues an 040/25 would be
3-5 times slower.

> fairly nothing and wanted it to crunch in the background - but not if it is
> going to take me a week to do a single CD...

It could take a week to do a CD single :(

Neil

Neil Bothwick - New Media Editor, Amiga Active Magazine
Connected via Wirenet - http://www.wire.net.uk
The UK's first Amiga-only internet access provider

The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody
appreciates how difficult it was.

Hot off the press- summer's here!
School's out and it's sizzling hot. Whether you're planning a
graduation party, a summer brunch, or simple birthday party,
shop GreatEntertaining.com before your next celebration.